Real Talk Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Real Talk Forums

Now that's real talk.

+3
SilverStar Cross
Thor God of Thunder
Being A Real Dick
7 posters

The Mothafukkin' DRESDEN GODDAMN FILES

Pocket Rocket
    Admin

The Mothafukkin' DRESDEN GODDAMN FILES - Page 6 Empty Re: The Mothafukkin' DRESDEN GODDAMN FILES

Post by Pocket Rocket Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:44 pm

I bet Cold Days will have Santa kicking ass lol.
    Thor God of Thunder
    Thor God of Thunder
    Allfather of Asgard

The Mothafukkin' DRESDEN GODDAMN FILES - Page 6 Empty Re: The Mothafukkin' DRESDEN GODDAMN FILES

Post by Thor God of Thunder Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:49 pm

He tries to kick Dresdens when he and The Erlking go Dresden hunting. So Dresden made a wall fall on him and tackled him then told the hunt they could join him or get their asses kicked just the same.
    Mister Teal
    Mister Teal
    Hero.

Post by Mister Teal Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:11 pm

So a wall can knock around this Kringle?
    Thor God of Thunder
    Thor God of Thunder
    Allfather of Asgard

Post by Thor God of Thunder Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:20 pm

No but it stunned him for a second since it was the wall of a dillapitated steel mill. Plus its the one night of the year gods can die. I don't think Kringle was trying though Dresden blocked sword strokes with a rifle and Kringle can easily cut through steel
    Mister Teal
    Mister Teal
    Hero.

Post by Mister Teal Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:25 pm

eh, this isn't a vs thread so I won't press for specifics. Thought there was a cool santa though at first.

Post the ending of this book in spoilers, like just a brief "who dies" or what not whenever you finish, I don't really know where on the internet to find people revealing the endig
    Pocket Rocket
    Admin

Post by Pocket Rocket Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Thor Mod of Thunder wrote:He tries to kick Dresdens when he and The Erlking go Dresden hunting. So Dresden made a wall fall on him and tackled him then told the hunt they could join him or get their asses kicked just the same.
    Nice.
    Thor God of Thunder
    Thor God of Thunder
    Allfather of Asgard

Post by Thor God of Thunder Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:31 pm

@Teal
    When I finish I will. I will say we see an army of Cthulhu's ilk, outsiders, lots and lots and lots and lots of them. And Kringle stops a time space whammy by himself.
    @PR
    Yeah, at that point in the book Dresden has basically said fuck it to what all the gods and goddesses keep trying to get me to do. He even breaks out of Mother Winters god will tk by deciding his will can defy anyone.
    Mister Teal
    Mister Teal
    Hero.

Post by Mister Teal Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:38 pm

I found some site with some spoilers, I keep seeing something about a guy named Mac and a bunch of other names I'm not familiar with. There's like 5 people I can name anyway, so I'll just see if they die
    Thor God of Thunder
    Thor God of Thunder
    Allfather of Asgard

Post by Thor God of Thunder Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:42 pm

He's the Bartender. I think he's some sort of angel or something. The amount of words he gets when he appears the worse the danger. Changes he gets a sentence, now he's actually,playing a role. Getting several sentences. But I'll put it up when I get there.
    Thor God of Thunder
    Thor God of Thunder
    Allfather of Asgard

Post by Thor God of Thunder Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:11 pm

Santa is
    Spoiler:
    Mister Teal
    Mister Teal
    Hero.

Post by Mister Teal Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:45 pm

Yeah I read that on the wiki earlier today
    Thor God of Thunder
    Thor God of Thunder
    Allfather of Asgard

Post by Thor God of Thunder Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:47 pm

Eh was the only really spoilery thing I found that didn't involve Molly which is big, or Maeve and..another character and would require trying to explain the plot.
    Mister Teal
    Mister Teal
    Hero.

Post by Mister Teal Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:49 pm

No worries I don't care about the people at large. I like hearing about Dresden, Marcone and the noose guy. That Mac guy sounds interesting too
    Thor God of Thunder
    Thor God of Thunder
    Allfather of Asgard

Post by Thor God of Thunder Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:55 pm

Mac nothing got revealed about, which likely explains the amount of people talking about him.
    Spoiler:
    Mister Teal
    Mister Teal
    Hero.

Post by Mister Teal Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:11 pm

Who is Molly again
    Pocket Rocket
    Admin

Post by Pocket Rocket Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:33 am

Mister Teal wrote:Who is Molly again
    Michael's daughter.
    Mister Teal
    Mister Teal
    Hero.

Post by Mister Teal Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:37 am

You guys finish it?
    Pocket Rocket
    Admin

Post by Pocket Rocket Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:06 am

Mister Teal wrote:You guys finish it?
    I'm still on Dead Beat.
    Thor God of Thunder
    Thor God of Thunder
    Allfather of Asgard

Post by Thor God of Thunder Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:39 am

I finished Cold Days, no big spoilers outside what I already posted, Dresden's having to live on Demonreach now it looks like though, until he can take care of whatever is going to bust out of his head and kill him.
    Mister Teal
    Mister Teal
    Hero.

Post by Mister Teal Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:15 pm

So another year till the next book? Or what is the usual timeframe
    Thor God of Thunder
    Thor God of Thunder
    Allfather of Asgard

Post by Thor God of Thunder Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:25 pm

bout a year give or take I believe. Depends on if Butcher has other projects, LARP's, family stuff, tours, geek stuff or author stuff.
    SilverStar Cross
    SilverStar Cross

Post by SilverStar Cross Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:30 am

Thor Mod of Thunder wrote:I finished Cold Days, no big spoilers outside what I already posted, Dresden's having to live on Demonreach now it looks like though, until he can take care of whatever is going to bust out of his head and kill him.

If I had to hazard any guesses, its probably some kind of nasty counterpart to Skeith from the dot hack-verse/The Black Beast from BlazBlue/The Beast within Guts*/*Insert nasty spirit that makes the kill impulses worse if its not the outright embodiment of them, here*, right?

I could be wrong but WTH?

1.) (From Berserk)
    Thor God of Thunder
    Thor God of Thunder
    Allfather of Asgard

Post by Thor God of Thunder Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:50 am

more likely Lash has taken on a life of her own and Dresden's going to pull a Zeus Athena deal. Which will Checkov's gun against the Denarians because there will be a new angel in town.
    That or an Outsider is waiting to try and escape.
    SilverStar Cross
    SilverStar Cross

Post by SilverStar Cross Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:45 am

Thor Mod of Thunder wrote:more likely Lash has taken on a life of her own and Dresden's going to pull a Zeus Athena deal. Which will Checkov's gun against the Denarians because there will be a new angel in town.
    That or an Outsider is waiting to try and escape.

I thought the Denarians themselves only make direct appearances every 5 books.
    Though JIC, it kind of sounded like imagining Skeith once more having a body of 'his'/its own, again after it got destroyed.

Dresden becoming a 'Brain-parent' of sorts like with what happened to Zeus after he swallowed his 1st wife/cousin Metis...ouch!!! pale

Did Dresden ever get the chance to visit Maggie, and whether or not he did, would the answer be big enough to require being on the spoiler tag?

The Carpenters better not have done wrong on Maggie or I'd happily go in there and make them wish Dresden was the violent retributions' guy who did it. Evil or Very Mad
    Thor God of Thunder
    Thor God of Thunder
    Allfather of Asgard

Post by Thor God of Thunder Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:03 am

You'll have to read for yourself Cross.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 am