Real Talk Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Real Talk Forums

Now that's real talk.

5 posters

U.S. Federal Government on Marijuana Legalization

Phobetor
    Phobetor

U.S. Federal Government on Marijuana Legalization Empty U.S. Federal Government on Marijuana Legalization

Post by Phobetor Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Discuss their potential actions, if any.
    Thor God of Thunder
    Thor God of Thunder
    Allfather of Asgard

U.S. Federal Government on Marijuana Legalization Empty Re: U.S. Federal Government on Marijuana Legalization

Post by Thor God of Thunder Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:19 pm

eh, honestly the main reason the stuffs ilegal is the Government wasn't sure how to tax it.
    Mister Teal
    Mister Teal
    Hero.

U.S. Federal Government on Marijuana Legalization Empty Re: U.S. Federal Government on Marijuana Legalization

Post by Mister Teal Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:44 pm

I would make it legal, but also allow someone to be charged with a DUI if it's in their system (I think some states do already anyway). Then just jack the fine prices up, including alcohol-related stops. Profit + pissed people = the bee's knees
    Thor God of Thunder
    Thor God of Thunder
    Allfather of Asgard

Post by Thor God of Thunder Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Actually that's a pretty good idea. I would add you can't get welfare or similar programs if your on marijuana or ilegal drugs, if you can afford that you can get out to get a job. Welfare shouldn't be used to feed habits like that.
    Mister Teal
    Mister Teal
    Hero.

Post by Mister Teal Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Politically, like most issues, I don't care about welfare too much. But financially I'd just do away with welfare altogether with exceptions being things like pre-existing medical conditions or disabilities or anybody that can make a really good case for why they need it. But it'd definitely be saving me money.

One day. U.S. Federal Government on Marijuana Legalization Excellent-mr-burns
    Thor God of Thunder
    Thor God of Thunder
    Allfather of Asgard

Post by Thor God of Thunder Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:53 pm

I can agree with that, if you need it you can stay on it but if your best excuse is you can't find a job that's not qualified enough for Welfare.
    Great and Powerful ZomB
    Great and Powerful ZomB

Post by Great and Powerful ZomB Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:42 pm

I know for a fact from experience that you can get a Weed DUI here in Georgia. I had to drive a guys car back to his house at 2AM half-high myself (Passed the sobriety test) after he got a DUI for it.
    itisburgers
    itisburgers

Post by itisburgers Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Medicine, fiber, Food, Paper, fuel. these are what Hemp can be turned into if it was legal, trillions in oil, pharmaceutical, and grain capital lost, never gonna get legalized.
    Thor God of Thunder
    Thor God of Thunder
    Allfather of Asgard

Post by Thor God of Thunder Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:57 am

@itis
    there's that too

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:32 pm